First Impressions*

I promised myself at the beginning of this year, that I would not buy any makeup that I did not 'need'. But here I am again, showing you all the things I have bought ahha... the problems of a makeup addict. Now, in my respect I did actually need these products, I needed a new primer, foundation and concealer... just not the contour palette oopsie haha! 

So I'm going to be sharing with you some of the products that I have been trying out recently and seeing whether they are worth the hype. 
The first thing I bought was the Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm. I have been hearing about this EVERYWHERE! I first heard it from YouTuber Sophie Foster and she used it as a primer... and OH MY, this is the best primer I have ever used! I usually use primers from Rimmel London however none of them have worked for me. However, this just perfects my skin; it fills in all my pores making my skin look even and flawless. 


The glycerin in this product is the thing that makes it so good... the more glycerin the better! It creates the perfect base for your foundation. At first, it does smell like aftershave, but as soon as you put foundation over the top, the smell goes. The best thing is, you get 100ml per bottle for around £3-5 compared to a makeup primer which are usually the same price but for only 30ml. So you're definitely getting more for your money. I would 1000000% recommend this to everyone! 

The next thing I bought is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation. This has to be one of the best foundations I have ever bought. It has got the perfect coverage for my liking. I don't like a full coverage because I feel like my skin can look too cakey, however this coverage is medium/full coverage; which just covers the imperfections and makes my skin look even and silky. Not to mention the smell!!! It smells like I am putting a fruit salad on my face haha... I love how fresh it smells and feels on my skin! I will definitely be repurchasing this! 
I also needed to buy a concealer to cover my blemishes. I have previously been using the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer, however I found this way too cakey on my skin and you have to work with it really quickly; it just didn't give me the look I wanted it to. So I decided to try the Revlon Colorstay Concealer. At first I was a bit sceptical because the formula was quite watery, however this worked great over my blemishes and under my eyes. It is so brightening and build-able; which means you can have more of a full coverage over your blemishes and a lighter coverage under your eyes. It's such a versatile concealer, which I think will work best on all skin types!
Now, this next thing I definitely did not need but I had my eyes on it for ages, so when I finally saw it I HAD to get it! It's the Makeup Revolution Ultra Contour Palette ... now to be honest, I wasn't all that impressed by this however, it's a decent product for only £8. One thing I am really disappointed about is one of the brown contour shades. I don't know whether I bought a faulty one or not, but as soon as I use the middle brown shade, the product hits the pan straight away. This is the only shade in the palette that has nearly gone. I use the lightest touch and so much product crumbles away. I've only had this product for a couple of weeks, so it definitely should not have run out by now. I'm not sure whether I am going to repurchase this or not. 
Lastly, I was kindly gifted this eyeshadow by a new makeup company called Milano Cosmetics. It states on their website; "MESAUDA Milano is a young and dynamic company that aims to stand out for professionalism and the ability to provide the customer always and only the best of research and innovation in the cosmetics industry at a very competitive price. It is a work that is carried on daily with passion and dedication, seeking a line capable of add class, elegance and simplicity." This is the first I have heard of this brand and I am pleasantly surprised... I 100% want to try more of their products. 
This eyeshadow is a gorgeous ashy, charcoal shade which is very easy to blend and pack onto the eyelid. I never really wear grey smokey shades however, this one is so easy to blend and wear and I can incorporate it into any look I want. It's only £8.50 per eyeshadow, which to some may be on the pricey side, however the quality is so good that I think it's worth every penny! I can see this eyeshadow looking amazing on people like Gabriella Lindley (Velvetgh0st) and Lucy and Lydia; so if you want to achieve looks like them, then why not try out this eyeshadow. 


I hope you enjoyed this post!
What have you been buying recently that you've been loving?
Or maybe you've tried some of these products?! What were your first impressions of them?
Leave them in the comments below :) 

*Thank you to Milano Cosmetics for sending me this gorgeous eyeshadow to try out! 
*This product was sent to me to review however, all opinions are 100% my own. 

Comments

Back to Top