Guest Post || The Chill Blog: Benefit Roller Lash Review

Hi everyone, it's Sophie here... as I have been really busy at the moment, I haven't had time to write any posts, so I thought that this would be the perfect time to put up some guest posts instead... that way, you're still getting a post from me (sort of)! I hope that this is ok?! I should be able to post normally again next week... so let me know in the comments, or on Twitter (@petalsofperfect) what sort of posts you would like to see! 

*Thank you to Tiffany for doing this post last minute for me! You all need to go and give her a follow on twitter and bloglovin and tweet her saying "We love your guest post on Petals Of Perfection!" ;) 

Now onto the guest post: 



Hello guys! I am very excited to have had the opportunity to guest post today! My name is Tiffany and I run The Chill Blog, located at thechillblog.com. I post on Sundays and Thursdays, and I hope to see some of you guys there! I post about beauty, and lifestyle stuff so if you're into that, you should check it out!

 Now onto my review of this mascara! This was one of the most highly anticipated beauty products of this year. I know I couldn't go anywhere without seeing an ad for this mascara there. And since it's release on February 27th, it's been a hot topic for beauty personas far and wide. But was it worth the hype? Well, let's see!

The tube, as shown above, is actually very user friendly. The top part is made of a rubbery substance, which makes holding it very easy. I don't slip my grip while I am putting this on.


This is the applicator. When I first bought this mascara, I'll admit I was a bit underwhelmed with it. For a mascara that advertised a nice curl, I will say that I would have expected a more curled applicator. Not to say it isn't a good applicator, it just wasn't what I was expecting.


So the day I bought this, of course, I dedicated myself to playing with it. For me, personally, this was not everything I had been hoping for in a mascara. It's a great mascara, don't get me wrong. It's amazing at separating each individual lash for a false lash look. It also, like the They're Real mascara by Benefit, acts almost waterproof. It gives a nice overall look to any makeup look you maybe trying to achieve. But, this was a mascara that advertised a curl. And I did not notice a good curl. Here's a picture with me wearing it, just so that you can decide for yourself if you like it or not.


This mascara does have a curl to it, but it's not something I couldn't have gotten from a drugstore mascara. Oh my goodness, I am trying to come up with another way of saying that without coming off so rude, but I really cannot explain it any other way! Like this mascara is a good mascara, but if you are trying to decide between this one, and a cheaper drugstore one like the Lash Sensational by Maybelline, I would save some money and go for the cheaper one. 


If you are a diehard Benefit lover, and want to collect all of the mascaras they produce, by all means, don't let me discourage that. But if you are someone that's just looking for a solid mascara and you are considering this one, then you might or might not like this one. I personally use this for days where I don't wear too much makeup. It has a great natural look and it is super light on the lashes, so you won't have to worry about tired eyes due to mascara. 


 Overall, it's a good mascara, but not as great as the hype surrounding it. It's a good mascara to wear minimally, or for lashes that are defined and separated. But for a volumized look, and/or a a curled look, probably not so much. 

 Thank you guys so much for reading this! I hope you enjoyed this and I hope this might have been helpful for anyone that's maybe considering this mascara, or is just curious about it. Again, I am over at thechillblog.com. I hope you guys can check it out! And thanks so much to the lovely Sophie for letting me guest post for the day! 

If you would like more of me, you can find me at these sites!
Twitter: @tiffanychill10

Question of the post! If you have used this mascara, what are your thoughts? Am I way off? Do you agree with me? Make sure to leave your thoughts in the comment section :) 

Comments

Back to Top