BRITs 2015: Madonna, Ravishing Red Carpet & The Winners!



The BRITs have to be my favourite awards to watch! Every year, I look forward to snuggling up on the sofa and watching it Live, whilst my Twitter timeline goes crazy... and this year certainly didn't disappoint (No capes. Enough said)! 

I love the awards so much, that I thought it would be a nice idea to do a little post on it :) 
I am going to share my favourite parts of the whole event, my favourite red carpet outfits and who the winners were ... (this could get very controversial haha)!

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how pretty the actual award is this year! Tracey Emin, you did good! 




My favourite part of the BRITs (other than the actual awards) is the red carpet! I watched the red carpet on ITV2, presented by the stunning Laura Whitmore. They didn't show everyone but my favourites from who they did show, were definitely; Cara Delevingne, Ellie Goulding, Michelle Keegan, Fearne Cotton and Paloma Faith!

*Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/news/brits-2015-red-carpet-round-up-from-kim-kardashian-to-paloma-faith-10070285.html
I loved Cara's indie/unique style and I love the fact she didn't follow the crowd and wear a dress... it's nice to have a bit of variety! (All of her outfit was from Saint Laurent). If you follow me on Twitter (@petalsofperfect), you would've seen that I was dying over her hair! It looks amazing... I love the colour and the soft waves.... I need mine to look like that!!!!

*Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/news/brits-2015-red-carpet-round-up-from-kim-kardashian-to-paloma-faith-10070285.html
Ellie looked breathtaking! Her elegant, embroidered dress complemented her body shape perfectly <3 I loved her subtle, peachy lip make up... perfect for a transition from Winter to Spring make up!

*Source: http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/fashion/celebrity/news/g3905/brit-awards-red-carpet-2015/?slide=3
Michelle Keegan's make up looked amazing and it went so well with her little black dress! The heavy contour and highlight, smoky eye and the nude pink lip, added that extra depth. Not to mention the pop of colour from the shoulder, strap bag :) 

*Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/news/brits-2015-red-carpet-round-up-from-kim-kardashian-to-paloma-faith-10070285.html
If you have been following my blog for some time, or follow me on Twitter, you may know that I have a major girl crush on Fearne Cotton! I love everything about her and I want to be her! She could wear a bin bag and still look amazing <3 I loved her golden shift dress and the pop of red from her earrings! I've just heard that she is pregnant again, which I am soooo happy about, but she has also announced, after 10 years of working there, she is finally leaving BBC Radio1... excuse me while I cry in the corner :(

*Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/news/brits-2015-red-carpet-round-up-from-kim-kardashian-to-paloma-faith-10070285.html
I loved Paloma's dress sooo much! I liked the little specks of red and how it created an ombre effect running down the dress. The black netted layer also added shape to the dress without making it look too 'wide'. I also loved how fierce her make up looked... the classic red lip can never go wrong! 

Now onto the winners of the awards! 

James Bay - Brits Critics' Choice Award
I am OBSESSED with James Bay... thank you Hannah Maggs and Stef Michalak, for putting his music in your vlogs last year and making me fall in love with him <3 He definitely deserved this award!  


X Ed Sheeran - British Album of the year
Uptown Funk Bruno Mars/Mark Ronson - Best British Single
Sam Smith - Best British Breakthrough Act
Taylor Swift - best International Female
One Direction You & I - Best British Video
Sam Smith - Global Success Award
Paloma Faith - Best British Female Solo Artist
Ed Sheeran - British Male Solo Artist
Foo Fighters - International Group
Pharrell Williams - International Male Solo Artist
Paul Epworth - Best Producer
Royal Blood - British Group 

Did you agree with the winners?! Comment below who you would have wanted to win!


Now onto what seemed to be the main event: 


Madonna and Kanye West...
Poor Madonna had been nervous about making her comeback at the BRITs and the pressure was on... however, when it came to her performance... lets just say, she should have listened to Edna... NO CAPES Madonna... NO CAPES! But, well done Madonna for getting back up and continuing on with the amazing performance. I don't think that dancer has his job any more....



And Kanye West... ermmm. *AUDIO MUTED* 
If you haven't seen his performance...I highly urge you to go and watch it... it's ... interesting... yeah lets go with interesting. 

*Source http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2969478/Kanye-West-leaves-Taylor-Swift-Lionel-Richie-open-mouthed-use-N-word-BRITs-performance-broadcast-live-viewers-complain-ITV-muting-show.html
Couldn't they just mute the whole thing?! 

And that's basically the BRITs 2015 summed up in one post! 
I hope you liked this kind of post... it's something a bit different! 

Did you watch the BRITs?! Did you enjoy it?! What was your favourite part?!

P.s. Make sure you are free tomorrow from 5pm-6pm, because I will be hosting my first ever blog chat #pabchat over on https://twitter.com/petalsofperfect .... we will be talking about blogging tips and tricks, as that seems to be your favourite post of mine :) ... I need moral support... I'm so nervous haha! xxx

Comments

Back to Top